Standard of Pitbull
- Height – Male dog 18 to 22 inches and Female dog 16 to 20 inches.
- Weight – Male dog 16 to 26 kg and Female dog 15 to 22 kg.
- Life span – 10 to 12 years is the average life span. (It also depends upon your care).
- Litter size – 5 to 10 puppies is an average litter size.
- Color – There are many colors in this breed. we cant specify colors.
Pitbull is the World’s strongest dog breed. It is a medium-size dog breed. This breed doesn’t require much care because of its short hair. It is a short coat breed, they can easily adjust in any weather. This dog breed is made up of many breeds. Most of the pitbull has pedigree either American Stafford shire Terriers, American Pitbull Terriers, and bull terrier. In UKC ( united kennel club ) American pit bull terrier is recognized purebred. The pitbull was bred by crossing the Bull and Terrier dog. The American pitbull terrier is purebred but it is not recognized by the American kennel club. ABPT is taller than other terrier families. Most people talk about the red nose, you can say it a type of purebred American pitbull terrier ( ABPT ).
These are the type of dog but not a specific breed-
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- American pitbull terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
Pitubull is an attacker or aggressive dog breed?
One of the main things people talk about pitbull is that it is an attacker or aggressive dog breed but it’s totally a myth.
This is a misunderstanding regarding this dog breed. It totally depends upon your training, how you train them. No doubt that they are strong and active dog breed. They are not aggressive but they capable to train for attacking if trained that way. Some people use it in fighting games for only entertainment purposes ( but it is illegal ).
Everyone at some time must be heard that these types of dog breeds attack humans. But there are reasons behind it, the main reason is many people take dogs at home without having complete information about them (Nature of breed). Such people don’t even know that how to treat any particular breed and half knowledge is always dangerous. Moreover, people keep them in a small space and tie them with chains. In that case, they may get aggressive and attacks you.
So, this is the situation in which this breed can become aggressive but it’s totally up to you. You can even make them a companion as well.
- Take them for long walks.
- Spend time with them.
- Do not always keep them locked in solitude as it becomes annoying and irritating.
- Train them starting from their puppyhood.
- Take them to meet different persons and socialize them.
- Give them proper exercise so, that they can use their energy constructively.
- Give a proper diet to them.
- Take care of their calorie consumption as overconsumption of calories can make them obese.
- Clean their ears regularly.